Decks We Provide:
There are many types of decks, designs are endless and every application can be different based on the shape of a home, the elevations of the land, and many other factors. Supreme Fencing will help you with your design and help you with any concerns you might have when planning for your project. Let’s take a look at some different decking options:
- Ground Level Deck – Ground Level Decks are typically less than twelve inches above the ground and are one of the most popular choices. It’s recommended to use deck blocks or similar to get the deck off the ground to stay away from moisture and keep the wood dry.
- Raised Deck – A Raised Deck or Balcony Deck, usually comes out of a second story and is defined by the structure of your home. Raised Decks are supported by posts that are set in concrete at least 2 ft in the ground.
- Hillside Deck – A hillside deck is a strategically placed deck that is built on a slope. Just because you have a sloped yard doesn’t mean you can’t still enjoy the benefits of a deck, ultimately a deck could give you a better space to enjoy the backyard.
- Split Level Deck – A split level deck can actually be built to give you more space than what is really there, whether it’s two stories or simply different levels on the ground. Two separate foundations or platforms will have to be built, but it can really turn a small space into something great.
- Gazebo Deck – Gazebo Decks can be a great addition and offer more space for the Gazebo. Whether that Gazebo is in the center or we just build around it, a deck is an awesome addition to the yard.
- Wraparound Deck – A Wraparound Deck is exactly that, we can start on one side and wrap around to another. Decks can extend and wrap in any direction if desired. If you want more space for entertainment, a wraparound deck is a perfect option.
- Pool/Hot Tub Deck – A deck around a pool or hot tub can really make that space look amazing. A Deck can also extend the entry or exit for a pool or hot tub, especially if they are raised above the ground. Composite wood materials are popular in this application due to steady exposure to moisture.
- Free Standing Decks – Free Standing Decks are built in an open area and are stand-alone foundations that don’t have any structure supporting them. Free Standing Decks are perfect for an outdoor kitchen area or entertainment space. You can kind of isolate the area so that you don’t disturb others
Important Ramp Information:
The ADA lays out the requirements for wheelchair accessibility if you need to accommodate a tenant, friend, or family member that is or has become disabled. The requirements to build a ramp should comply with these specifications:
- Slopes cannot be greater than 1:12. This means that the slope of the ramp can only rise a vertical distance of a foot over 12 inches. This allows manual and power wheelchairs the ability to climb without causing undue fatigue to the person in the wheelchair or to its motor. You can make the slope even more gentle, but it cannot be any steeper than 1:12.
- The rise, or the total height of an individual section of a ramp, can be no more than 30 inches. This is to prevent a disabled person who cannot continue climbing the ramp and cannot engage the brake, from building up enough velocity rolling backward to do them harm before they are stopped by the structure.
- Landings must be at least as wide as the ramp, and at least 60 inches in length. If the construction of the ramp requires a turn, then the landing will need to be 60 inches wide as well.
- -The width of the ramp needs to be at least 36 inches from guard to guard. The regulation does not refer to the overall width of the ramp but the width from railing to railing. For typical deck railings plus an attached handrail low enough for someone in a wheelchair to grab, the overall width of the ramp will be approximately 40 inches.
Why Choose Us?
Our expert team is here to help every step of the way! Starting with a design, materials, and budget, we’ll try our best to make the process as smooth as possible. We build all types of custom decks, composite decks, pressure-treated decks, wrap-around decks, and multi-level decks. If you can imagine it, we can build it!
And If you have someone that’s handicapped or disabled we can assist! All of our ramps and decks are ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) compliant. At Supreme Fencing we take pride in our work and use only quality materials, so you can rest assured that your deck or ramp will be strong, sturdy, and secure.
Ramp and Deck Installers in Baton Rouge
The top-notch installation and repair services provided by Supreme Fencing LLC in Baton Rouge and the surrounding area, as well as premium decks and ramps, are all offered at respectable rates!
We would love to work with you on your project, so let us prove to you that we’re one of the best in Louisiana when it comes to deck installations and ramp installations! Call us today at 225-255-1097 for a FREE quote, or one of our team members can meet with you on-site to discuss your needs.
We take pride in offering our clients high-quality decks and ramps that are attractive, useful, and durable. For a free estimate or to chat with our experts about how we can assist with making your dream ramp or deck a reality, call our Prairieville or Baton Rouge office today. We even offer financing options that you’ll surely appreciate!